Saturday, November 20, 2010

BREAKING OF THE KOLANUT

Hello and welcome to my blog again. Thank you for your visit. I hope to make your time as worthwhile as possible on this site.

Today, I will like to say something about an important product we cherish so much in Nigeria- KOLANUT.
It is so important that all two hundred and fifty ethnic groups in Nigeria and the three dominant ethnic groups(Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa) have close affinity to this farm product- Kolanut.

I attended a wedding recently in the Eastern part of Nigeria and I observed how this product is respected in their customs; trust me, before I knew what was happening, some lines came into my head and find below, a  short poem on Kolanut.

BREAKING OF THE KOLANUT

Very important, very significant
Verily and seriously respected in the East,
The breaking of the Kola.

KOLANUT
Produced in the WEST,
Respected in the EAST,
Consumed in the NORTH.

This seed is serious,
Seriously significant,
Eminently enriched
Especially in the East.

This Kola,.............
Not this kolanut in my father's farm?
I will give you more respect,
When I find you again in the WEST.

JB

No comments:

Post a Comment