Friday, February 10, 2012

I DON'T ENVY YOUR OFFICE

''ILE OLA DUN''
But the rich also cry.
Uneasy lies the head
That wears the golden crown,
I don't envy your office.

Your office is magnificent
Your word is Law in the Land,
Your speech binds and loose
Your gesticulations can free or imprison,
Yet, I don't envy your office.

You are the number one citizen in the land
The most popular name mentioned every passing day,
You are the idol to millions of political worshipers,
Though, you occupy the highest office in the land,
I will never envy your office.

If I want to envy your office
Do I have the capabilities required?
Of managing a complex entity like Naija?
Where even the friends are hard to decipher from fiends,
Where foes role-model as close ally everyday?

If I want to envy your office,
How do I  chart a better cause for the people
In the multitudes of different opinions and propositions,
Or the continuous demand on my limited time-line,
That is fast eroding like an angry flood.

If I want to envy your office
Do I have the willing power to get sleep for my eyes
Amidst the confusions being caused by various elements
Both the ones from the perceived axis of evils
And the threats of reprisal songs of prayer warriors? 

I don't envy your office
Uneasy lies the head wearing the crown,
I will continue to amass the insulation required
To be able to withstand the headaches and heartaches
Woven into the office of yours since the day of Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment